Monday 5 January 2009

That Skype Meme

This has been going around a lot, people are writing a message to each of their Skype contacts, like so.

- I'm not good at making friends that quickly, try not to expect too much of me.
- I love that you bothered to start talking to me.
- The first time we met was weird, but my opinion of you has steadily risen ever since.
- We hardly ever talk, but whatever.
- I don't think I should spend every conversation I ever have with you in competition.
- You are very smart, don't waste it.
- My efforts to make friends with you are continuously stymied by your efforts to make friends with everyone.
- I don't get you in the slightest.
- You're fucking weird, good on you.
- We have nothing in common at all and we shouldn't work as friends, but what should be never really happens.
- I am fucking fed up of having to justify the fact that I like you. You know that you're awesome and it would be swell if you could show some other people.
- I'm nostalgic for our friendship, which is weird because it was at it's peak less than a year ago.
- You being nice to me has had a bigger effect that I could really describe.
- You know full well that you upset me and you think it's okay because I still say that I love you, I hate that.
- I guess you'll live your life and I'll live mine, we'll meet up occasionally and exchange notes.
- I don't think this is your real account.
- However little we talk, I still sort of feel that we grew up together, I think you've had a pretty big influence on me.
- I'll never stop learning while you're around.
- You've got a lot to say but not the voice to say it, you remind me of myself and it scares me.
- I don't any more feel like I need to justify myself to you, I don't ever feel the need to impress you and when I'm around you there is no way that I have to act. I love that.
- I'm sorry but I can't trust you and I wont ever confide anything in you. You remind me too much of people who have bullied me or taken advantage of me in the past. It's worse because you'll never understand this.
- You're a friend on two completely separate levels, one of which really shouldn't exist because it is going to destroy the other.
- Everyone loves you and with good reason. You're a case study for the fact that awesome people do exist.
- I wish I could show you a way out of the labyrinth.

Obviously not everyone is included.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fact that this is anonymous makes it one of the most infuriating things ever. I can see why it is, though.

Josy